[TS3] How to Take a Sim Picture

August 26, 2010


This is my way of taking sim pictures. I think there's no secret. It's a very very low-tech method. Even no need to Photoshop.

Welcome to my studio! It's a shoddy tiny shed. The reality is always insipid. Usually I put those lights, like this. And I always adjust brightness levels of lights according to a skin/object color. Those round floor mats are just markers for sim or light. Those flamingos haven't so much meaning. It's just for adding a color to background. No need to be flamingos. Only the reason is I love flamingo neons. When taking a picture in daytime, I get rid of table lamps, and sometimes put those windows by feelings. And I always use twallan's The MasterController  and "moveobjects on" and "hideheadlineeffects on"cheats.
Next, my low-tech method of taking screens with lighting effects, like my "Mock Mods Glasses" previews.... 




Paused the game and move her to good position. Then put lights, and changed the color of wall. Funny shot!
And this is the final result. That's all.




Samples: For your reference, these are original pictures of the "Mock Mods Glasses" previews.

You Might Also Like

10 Comments

  1. When you said you'd show me how you did lighting, I didn't expect you to put this much effort in!

    You've really outdone yourself this time. I can't wait to try it out in game and I'll post the results on my blog. :P
    Your shots are gorgeous, as always. I'm strongly considering going maxis match now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaand picspam for you.
    http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7684/thankstamo.png

    <3 Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The way you played with colored lights and backgrounds in these shots was very fun and inspiring! I use this method too for "studio" shots. I find that over head lighting isn't very flattering, so floor lamps and desk lamps are teh way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. emmie : You are welcome. I'm a hardcore EA/Maxis-Matcher, cos this style really suits me (and I'm too lazy to handle lots of great CC!) But I love to see any kind of downloads and pics and play styles! I'm always impressed with their uniqueness.

    And your pic!! Yay, the really super super cool superman<3 Thanks.

    The Lunar Fox : Colored lights are fun! And I think floor lamps are must for studio shots. They give sparkles to eyes. The lighting system of TS3 is pretty nice. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the tips on making good photographes. It's one area i need help with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simbabe54 : Thanks. My pleasure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for this! I've just started dabbing into doing CC, and preview shots are a nightmare for me. This is incredibly helpful, and I'm sure I'll be looking back on this constantly.

    Seriously, you are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anon : Wow thanks! Yeah creating something is fun, Good luck to you!

    And I forgot to write. When taking a pics, I always adjust brightness levels of lights according to a skin/object color.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very good idea, I'll go to make a studio for my photos :)

    ReplyDelete

Blogger Followers

Google+ Followers